Re: Another Network Manager Stupidity: Swapping eth0 and eth1

On Tue, 9 May 2006, jim lawrence wrote:

On 5/9/06, Matthew Saltzman <mjs ces clemson edu> wrote:
[...]

This is not a NetworkManager issue.  You owe NetworkManager an apology,
and you need initscripts-8.31.2-1 (which is apparently *still* in
updates-testing 8^( ).

Funny I just found the same thing  my ethernet card (Wired) was a
wireless device and my Wireless device was a ethernet device.   Blew
the  devices away and rebooted.  created new profiles and rebooted. all set !

For now, at least. If you didn't install the initscripts update, you are at risk for a repitition of the problem at your next boot.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu