haldaemon won't start

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Wed May 10 18:41:34 UTC 2006

Josenildo Marques wrote:

> There were none. I must have disbaled some services connected with haldaemon,
> I wonder ? The last one I remember stopping was the Blue Tooth service...I
> don't have any blue tooth.
> As a home user, I'd like to know wich services are essential and which I can
> disable without any problems...
> Thanks.

You can certainly turn off bluetooth, isdn and so on without trouble.

Try running

/usr/sbin/hald --debug=on

from a root console and see what it says.  This is basically what
service hadaemon start is doing, but maybe this way you can get a clue
about the source of the problem from errors to the console.

-Andy