I had high hopes for FC5, damn...

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Wed May 10 18:45:09 UTC 2006

> On Wed, 2006-05-10 at 03:00, Reg Clemens wrote:
> > >
> > > I've personally installed using an external hard drive before. So I can
> > > verify that works. I haven't tried the others but they're still
> > > available options on the boot CD so I have to assume they're still valid.
> > >

> > Yes, well Id decided that the next try would be HardDisk (to the first machine)
> > and then FTP to the rest, I was just wanted to put my complaint down on the
> > list, and see if others were having the same problem.  Just seems like a
> > silly change.
>
> NFS is really the easy way to go if it isn't your first
> linux install.  Just download the iso images to an nfs-exported
> directory, burn only the first disk and boot from it with
> 'linux askmethod' at the boot prompt.  Then pick nfs as
> the method and fill in the server / directory info.

I must be missing something here.
I can understand downloading the iso images, making CDs, then reading the
CDs in to disk.  At that point you can do a Disk or FTP install.

You seem to be saying that with NFS you can use the iso images directly.
I know its possible to do some sort of strange mount on these iso images
and see the actual data, but I was going to have to look that up,- you seem
to be saying that there is a askmethod method that can use them directly
with NFS.  Im going to have to load the CD and see just what it says when
I try.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com