Re: Thunderbird, Advance to next ...

taharka wrote:
Howdy,

On Wed, 2006-05-10 at 16:02 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
I am presently using Thunderbird version 1.5.0.2 (20060501) and FC-5. Until updating to FC-5 and the latest Thunderbird I could prevent Thunderbird from asking "Advance to next unread message in ----------?" by making the following configuration changes which can no longer be done. It appears that the configuration files have changed and I'm unable to find where to stop this annoying "feature!"

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Bob Goodwin   Zuni, Virginia   w2bod

 > how to stop Thunderbird from asking
 >>
 >> "Advance to next unread message in ................."

In ~/.thunderbird/default/<some_characters>/user.js add

# How to handle the Advance to next unread message in <x> folder
# prompt.
#
# Settings:
#     0 - Always go to the next folder without prompting
#     1 - Ask before going (default behavior)
#     2 - Don't prompt and don't go to the next folder with unread
#         messages
user_pref("mailnews.nav_crosses_folders", 0);

(or chose 2 if you do not want to automatically go to next folder with
unread messages)

Does the following link help you?

http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/tips#beh_nextunread

Yes, definitely!  I searched for that file and never found it.

   user.js

This is the additional preferences file for Thunderbird and is located in your profile folder <http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/edit#profile>. The file *does not exist* by default, so you need to create it before you can start adding your preferences.

Thanks for the help.

BobG
taharka

Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.