Make bridge network interface under FC5

Samuel Díaz García samueldg at arcoscom.com
Thu May 11 01:25:15 UTC 2006

Hi again, I'm trying to make a bridge interface configuring a network
script (ifcfg-br0 for example) under FC5.

Using brctl and ip commands no problem and I use a script for this as a
workaround, but I want to use network scripts.

My bridge iface is br0, and use ethernet ifaces eth0 and eth1.
The scripts tried for them (in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts directory)
are:

[[ifcfg-br0]]
DEVICE=br0
TYPE=Bridge
BOOTPROTO=none
IPADDR=10.1.1.17
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
GATEWAY=10.1.1.2
ONBOOT=yes
DELAY=0
STP=on

[[ifcfg-eth0]]
DEVICE=eth0
BRIDGE=br0
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet
HWADDR=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
BOOTPROTO=none
USERCTL=no
IPV6INIT=no
PEERDNS=yes

[[ifcfg-eth1]]
DEVICE=eth1
BRIDGE=br0
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet
HWADDR=yy:yy:yy:yy:yy:yy
BOOTPROTO=none
USERCTL=no
IPV6INIT=no
PEERDNS=yes

The problem occurs when I try "service network restart" or when "ifup
br0", the bridge iface br0 fails to up.

Any help?

I tryed in ifcfg-br0 putting "BOOTPROTO=static" too without success.

Thanks.

--
    Samuel Díaz García