Odd problems with nash after FC5 kickstart

I'm trying to get a kickstart to configure a new system for FC5.
However, something odd is happening.

After booting up, "ps ax" shows "/bin/nash /init" is still running from
the initial ramdisk.  An strace shows it is waiting for input on fd 6,
which is a socket (however I don't see a matching socket in
/proc/net/{tcp,udp,unix,raw}).  If I HUP it, it goes away (nothing else
unexpected happens).

Anyone else seen this or have some way to debug?
--
Chris Adams <cmadams hiwaay net>