Good Bye FC5

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu May 11 20:22:43 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 15:07, Scot L. Harris wrote:

> > open in new windows on your display.  What I want is just the
> > menu button, though. If it had a name, I'd expect to be able
> > to 'ssh -Y remote_machine gnome-menu' or something like that
> > and get a working remote menu.
>
> So do what I did with evolution.  Create a script on the remote machine
> something like:

I think you are missing the point of what I want.  I want to
install a new remote machine and have all of it's programs
available from my desktop without knowing ahead of time what
is actually installed there.  If a new program is installed
on that machine, I want it to show up in the remotely-executed
menu like it does if you log in there.  X is designed to let
anything run remotely. I don't see why the menu button should
be an exception - someone would really have to go out of their
way to break it - but I don't know how to invoke it by itself.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com