Floppy format question.

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Thu May 11 20:31:04 UTC 2006

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net wrote:
> Personal opinion. If the disk fails verification, pitch it in the trash. I
> pretty much gave up on floppys a couple years ago due to getting a
> rediculous rate of verification errors.

My personal opinion: I recently looked at some old doubly-density and
high-density disks that were written over ten years ago. Nearly all of
them still worked.

That's a better set of results than I'd get today. As far as I can tell,
floppies have got to the point where vendors are competing solely on
cost, and all quality concerns have gone out the window...

James.

--
E-mail address: james | They say that every cloud has a silver lining, which
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | must be a bit alarming for airline pilots...