SAS on FC5

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri May 12 01:08:26 UTC 2006

Yuandan Zhang wrote:

> On 5/11/06, *Paul Howarth* <paul at city-fan.org
> <mailto:paul at city-fan.org>> wrote:
>     > First, make sure you that you have all that compatibility packages
>     > installed.  Next, prior to trying to run SAS do an
>     > export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1
>     >
>     > Good luck.  You're going to need it.  :-)
>
>     The LD_ASSUME_KERNEL trick might have worked in FC4, which still had
>     support for the deprecated Linuxthreads, but they're gone completely in
>     FC5 and I don't believe this will make any difference.
>

> No, it not work. after export, it gets error -- don't know where to load
> shared libraries.
>
> I am not sure if this is right. but I get feeling that this SAS on FC5
> jam may have something to do with java???

No....  It has to do with the thread libraries.

You are out of luck and would be wasting your time trying to get it
running on FC5.  Paul's assessment is correct.  I just checked some of
the release notes.

You need to revert to a working OS, get the right SW from the vendor to
support the OS, move to something else.

Ed

--
Should I get locked in the PRINCICAL'S OFFICE today -- or have a VASECTOMY??