Re: java in Linux question

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 12:22 -0400, Dan wrote:

> You should really consider pointing people to the JPackage method. See:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JavaFAQ#head-09b609578b45f636daa3d3e6ed63b61bc0f2d85d
> -Dan

Dan, since I respect your opinions (Lawd, Lawd hep me!) I checked out
the wiki. There are ALOT of mentions of things just not working and I am
not suave enough to cipher it all out. So, it's kinda off-putting. If I
really want a working java environment, with no burps in the barrel,
what do you suggest? I gotta get this working, and why not an rpm that
does stuff the Fedora way that also puts java really running without all
the caveats? Thanx, Ric