Cisco VPN client does not work on FC4

yukku yukkoooooo yukku19752000 at yahoo.com
Fri May 12 18:26:17 UTC 2006

Hi,

> Try:
> # chcon -t textrel_shlib_t /opt/cisco-vpnclient/lib/libvpnapi.so

 > Repeat for any similar error you get for different libraries.

> This is an SELinux issue.

     Thanks for the reply. Your diagnosis is indeed correct. But the fix is not working for me on FC4.
 When I tried your command on my FC4 as root, this command gave the error -
 # chcon -t textrel_shlib_t /opt/cisco-vpnclient/lib/libvpnapi.so
 chcon: failed to change context of /opt/cisco-vpnclient/lib/libvpnapi.so to root :object_r:textrel_shlib_t: Invalid argument
 man or info of chcon did not give me too much info.
 So  I tried to disable SELinux using the command
 # setenforce 0
 and the vpnclient command started working !!
 I was able to logon to the network too. The problem is I don't want to disable SELinux, so what do you think should I fix in the above command to make it work in SELinux mode ?

 Thanks
 yukku