Re: Why can't display all installed kernel with rpm -q

On 5/12/06, Frank Pineau <frank pineaus com> wrote:
On Sat, 2006-05-13 at 09:12 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> Right.  But, as Rob pointed out, the OP is running the smp kernel.  I
> tend to do the grep thingy to remind myself of having the devel packages
> loaded as well as other self built kernels.

Well there's an odd thing.  I tried rpm -q kernel on mine to see what
happens (I've always done rpm -qa |grep kernel) and it returned my
kernels just fine.  Thing is, I'm running SMP x86_64 kernels, but it's
only listed as SMP when I do a uname -a.  Am I missing something?

The x86_64 kernel is now (as of FC5) SMP only.  So one kernel covers
both the SMP and non-SMP case.  So there is no reason to have smp in
the package name.
Jonathan