FC5 - Logwatch reports stopped

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Sat May 13 11:53:35 UTC 2006

On Fri May 12 2006 2:09 pm, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> Gene Heskett wrote:
> > I found the problem, mutt is receiving the messages just fine.  So how
> > do I redirect them to thunderbird or kmail?
>
> You ether have to run a local pop or imap server, and create an
> account that connects to it to get the mail, or create an account
> that accesses the local mail spool. I went the pop server route.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but all I did was enter my email address in
the logwatch configuration file. I'm fighting a different foolishness, but
that's about gmail insisting on classifying my log reports as spam - I fixed
that by entering the sender in my gmail contacts list. The feature that
creates a nice .html report (a lot easier to read in my view) is broken in
the current version. I installed 7.3 from the Logwatch site, and that fixed
that problem.
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA