Re: [OT] Google Trends

Aaron Konstam wrote:
On Fri, 2006-05-12 at 20:19 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
On Fri, 2006-05-12 at 19:42, Ed Greshko wrote:
The folks at Red Hat may want to take a look at
http://www.google.com/trends.

Entering "red hat, suse, fedora, debian" produces results that may be of
interest to them.

Or for more optimistic trends, try ubuntu or centos...

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell gmail com

However these would be more usefull if there were values on the vertical
axis. Or have I been reading "How to lie with statistics" for too long?

The charts compare two or more items (in this case 4).... the value or scale used doesn't matter, as long as it's the same scale and values for each item tracked.

I found it interesting to see search requests for redhat steadily declining, while searches for the other three distros are very close... and almost flat overall.

As for raw numbers in this case... I'm not interested... it's trend analysis.... how does one compare to another over time... maybe this is telling us to "short sell redhat stock". ;-)