Where things stand

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sat May 13 17:32:56 UTC 2006

Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-05-13 at 10:48, Karl Larsen wrote:
>

>>     This all has been educational but I must say that Fedora Core 4 and
>> 5 are not for a person who knows little about a computer.
>>
>>     I wonder if a person d/l FC4 from a mirror today does it have the
>> lib or is it still missing it?
>>

> Fedora is a 'fast release' distribution where the isos are not
> changed after the initial release but many fixes are put
> in the update repositories.  Users are expected to do
> 'yum update' frequently to pick up the changes.  I'm not sure
> if it fixes the specific problem you encountered, though.

    Hi Les, How many guys are supposed to know about yum? And I have
never done a yum update on ANY computer. I have been using Linux since
1994 and we didn't have yum then.

    Where should I go to learn about yum? My knowledge is all from email
and the man pages.

    It seems that not many people have tried to use Thunderbird on FC4.