Re: yum upgrade

Les Mikesell wrote:
On Sat, 2006-05-13 at 15:05, Kam Leo wrote:
On 5/13/06, Karl Larsen <k5di zianet com> wrote:
    I decided I better upgrade my Fedora Core 4 since it will soon be
EOL, whatever that is. So It's busy now and it told me this:

Install      6 Package(s)
Update     285 Package(s)
Remove       0 Package(s)
Total download size: 525 M
Is this ok [y/N]: y

So my Linux gets 1/2 a gig bigger which is no problem. But it will be
doing this for another 6 hours!

Karl

Live and learn. A fresh install is faster.
	Yes I was going to say that I have a fresh install as of yesterday! But it needed a yum fix right out of the box.

But it won't get you an up to date FC4.  Normally you would
do the updates over a period of many months so it wouldn't
seem so bad.  The bad part is living with the bugs from
a new version before the fixes are out.

Yes and it has me thinking I want to backup my WHOLE system. This is because I do not want to have to redo this upgrade thing. I just checked and the whole thing is less than 10 GB. So I will back the whole thing up to my external 10 GB hard drive.

Karl