FC4 with all updates

The performance of FC4 with all the updates so that Thunderbird and Firefox will work among other things I hope make it a good Linux system. I have FC5 as well and it seems to work for the main functions of writing and printing and the Internet things very well.

But both have problems with special applications that use the sound card and the serial ports. There maybe a problem with the volume control module on FC4. For some reason I can't get output from the sound card to an application.

Karl