xorg optimization and mtrr

Gilboa Davara gilboad at gmail.com
Sun May 14 12:21:31 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-05-14 at 23:33 +1200, Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:
> Yes,
>
> I ahve an intell p4 at 2.8ghz, an MSI main baord. 1gb ram, with an
> intel 865pe chipset.  An Nvidia gfx card, it's agp, FX 5600 XT WITH
> 256MB RAM,
>
> Os is FC5, feresh install after an upgrade from fc4 was troublesome...
> Using latest Nvidia driver with s twinview (not xinerma) set up...
>
> The whole machine is about 2 and a half years old, maybe less? not
> sure, but definately more than 2 years old...
>
> I wonder if the twinview is the problem?

I assume that latest nvidia drivers mean, "Latest nVidia closed source
binary driver 87.56"?
In general, you should consider posting this question in nvnews support
forum.
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14

Never the less, what does your dmesg say (after you switch to init 5)

Gilboa