mplayer problems

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun May 14 16:42:27 UTC 2006

A day or so back i hit a web site that needed mplayer, which went thru
the motions of downloading the file, but when it tried to play it,
stopped immediately, several times.

Today I thought I'd see if yumex could help and told it to install a few
more skins and other mplayer accessories.

It starts process the queue, and fails because it can't find mplayer,
but if I goto the removal screen, mplayer shows as installed and I can't
uninstall it because of all the other dependencies.

rpm says this version is installed:
[root at diablo ~]# rpm -q mplayer
mplayer-1.0pre8-0.6.20060406
but yumex reports this
Missing Dependency: mplayer = 1.0-0.39.20060412.lvn5 is needed by
package mplayer-gui
So obviously thats a livna item, but its not shown as being available.

Which magic twanger do I need folks?

--
Cheers, Gene