Re: cdrecord cannot blank CD RW

well my suggestion is you should follow this path:

I am using Fedora Core 4.

Application -> Sound & Video -> K3b

I used with this and I have erased my CD-RW so many times, just go through this , it's a very easy.

hope you will solve..

cheers

On 5/14/06, Gene Heskett <gene heskett verizon net> wrote:
Paul Smith wrote:

>> > Notwithstanding, I suppose it should work as user and not only as root.
>> I found that this happens because the CD is currently (auto)mounted.
>>  From nautilus the only option is eject. When you put the disc back in,
>> it gets mounted again :~{
>>
>> Some kind folks mentioned gnome-umount:
>> # gnome-umount -d /dev/cdrw
>> then use your writing tools (eg k3b...)
>
> I am using KDE. Does someone know how to disable automount on KDE?
>
> Paul

So am I, and when kde brings up the what do I do with this window after
inserting an audio cd for instance, I just tell it 'nothing', and
'mount' does not currently show it as mounted. I would assume that if it
was a writable cd, that I should be able to proceed.

--
Cheers, Gene