Re: mysql

On 5/15/06, brouwers roland lx <roland cat be> wrote:
I am new to Mysql and trying to install it.
I installed it with "yum install mysql"
When I looked at '/etc/my.cnf' all the files mentioned are missed on the
disc.
Searching google I found that one has to start safe_mysqld, but also
this is missing.
I could download an rpm version, but I am afraid to go into conflict
with other parts, because I will use this to run a package
'moregroupware', which uses PHP and apache.

What am I doing wrong?

Roland Brouwers
C.A.T. bvba
Antwerp-Belgium
roland cat be

to start mysql, just run `service mysqld start`
--
To be updated...