Update from FC4 to FC5 stole my kernel

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Mon May 15 22:10:43 UTC 2006

I just ran an upgrade on a "generic" FC4 installation to update it to FC5 off
of a set of cdroms.  Everything seemed to go ok, but when I reboot at the end
of the installation instead of the pretty graphic Grub screen that I've had
up until now, I get the text-only Grub screen.  The only kernel listed on the
screen is the SMP kernel, the single-processor kernel is not listed at all.
When it tries booting, I get "Error 15 - File not found".

I tried upgrading again and it goes through some of the motions but I still end
up at the same place.

I can boot the rescue mode and see the filesystem on the hard drvie.

Where do I go from here?

--
MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Melville Sask ~ http://theatre.sasktelwebsite.net