Re: A Very happy Camper on FC4

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
On 5/16/06, Paul Howarth <paul city-fan org> wrote:
I personally wouldn't touch ME with a bargepole. I've tried a few times
on different systems and found it incredibly unstable. I think it was a
major regression from Windows 98 Second Edition, which is actually quite
usable and stable.

I've also found Win2000 and WinXP quite stable, as long as you can get
the right drivers for what you're using - obviously Win9x drivers won't
work as they're 16 bit.

Paul.

Would you happen to remember if you had "Plug and play OS" enabled in
the BIOS of those systems? I seem to remember that being a big deal
for WinME

I probably didn't have that as I was in the habit of dual-booting with other OSes that didn't work with that setting.

Paul.