can named listen to other port not 53 / some dnsmasq question.

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue May 16 11:34:05 UTC 2006

M E Fieu wrote:
> Hi..
>
> Question 1
> how to make the DNS Bind Name listen to other port e.g 54 instead of port 53 ??
>
> Question 2
> Any one used DNSmasq before? DNSmasq can query the named DNS server and if the record is not
> found, it will query the public DNS server that listed in resolv.conf
>
> But DNSmasq can't use the same port as the local named server, I want to set the named DNS server
> to listen to port 54 so I need to configure the DNSmasq to query via port 54 to named right?  Does
> anyone know how to do it?

It might be easier to use an alias address rather than a different port.
So you could have DNSmasq listening on port 53 of eth0 and named
listening on port 53 of eth0:1. You might even be able to do it without
aliases by getting named to listen on a non-standard localnet address
like 127.0.0.2

Paul.