Tripple boot

Serge serge.de.souza at gmail.com
Wed May 17 06:36:42 UTC 2006

jerryw4386 at netscape.net wrote:
> Hi
>  I need to do triple boot
>  Windows xp. pro. for tec. support
>  Mandriva 2006 . hay it lets my computer go wireless,
>  FC 5 is BEST .
>  My ? is witch one goes
>  2
>  3
>  i have three def partition on 8O gb hd. 1.20GB 2.20GB 3.40GB
>  1 Win
>  when i can get fedora 5 to go wireless
>  i will wipe out Mandriva and use space for FC5.

it does not really matter unless you want to extend the partition once
you delete MAndriva. if you have
2 FC5
3 Mandriva

then you will be able to resize 2 easily using resize2fs (assuming ext3
filesystem)

having
2 Mandriva
3 FC5

you would delete mandriva and end up with

2 for data
3 FC5

going from there if you wanted to merge the two you could have fun
copying stuff to 2 deleting 3 resizing 2.

Either way does not matter, it is just the amount of work involved.

And as recommended ask your question a little better (especially if my
reply is not what you are after)

Serge