Can't connect to VNC server after update

I can't believe I'm the only one with this problem but I've searched the list and no one seems to have hit it. After the most recent update to vnc and vncserver (4.1.1-10.1.fc4.i386.rpm), I can no longer connect to a VNC session on my FC4 workstation. Reverting to 4.1.1-10 (the version originally distributed with FC4) works fine. I've gone back and forth several times so I'm sure this is the problem.

A few more details: I can "telnet workstation 5901" and get the appropriate response with the new version installed. But "vncviewer workstation:1" exits with an "End of stream" message.