Re: FC5 Lockdown Preferences - ie wallpaper, theme

Chris Bradford wrote:
Hi guys,

I am using LDAP authentication to Windows Server 2003 AD.

I want to make sure my users cannot change resolution settings,
backgrounds, sounds etc. All of these are under the preferences menu.

Is there a way for me to lock these settings down?

If using KDE, you can use kiosktool from Extras.  See also:
http://www.kde.org/areas/sysadmin/
notably, the 'Configuration Files" and 'Kiosk' sections.

-- Rex