Re: [OT] Recommendation Email Servers

On 5/18/06, M. Fioretti <mfioretti mclink it> wrote:
On Thu, May 18, 2006 17:46:53 PM +0100, Jonathan Underwood
(jonathan underwood gmail com) wrote:

> Dovecot (available from Extras) is really simple to set up and gives
> you IMAP(S) and POP3, and hasn't been mentioned yet.

Is Dovecot able to serve threaded view of messages in a folder? I ask
because I was reading Squirrelmail's FAQ yesterday, which says "Yes,
Squirrelmail can show messages in a threaded view, if the underlying
IMAP server supports it".

Yes it does...I currently run dovecot with squirrelmail...dovecot is
quite easy to setup ...so is squirrelmail, and sendmail. With dovecot
I can use either pop3 or imap

TIA,
       Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Fedora Core 5 for low memory      http://www.rule-project.org/

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and
I'm not sure about the former.  -Albert Einstein