"partprobe" and device mapper

Hi,

Older Version of Linux without device mapper if i have a new partition i can use “partprobe to update the partitions in /proc/partition without reboot.

Newer Versions of Linux like FC5 are using devicemapper. /dev/mapper/XXXX can be used for vg or filesystem.

If I create a new partition on a disk how I can tell devicemapper from to new partition without reboot ?

partprobe is not working for this. I need to sea all my new partition in /dev/mapper

regards

Thomas