Good Bye FC5

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Fri May 19 05:19:28 UTC 2006

On 5/18/06, Steffen Kluge <kluge at fujitsu.com.au> wrote:

> What on earth gave you the idea that free software development is a
> democracy?? If you contribute something valuable you have influence, if
> you only hold your hand open you have to take what you're given. No
> amount of whining in public mailing lists is going to change that.
>
> Think about it.

We contribute by using the software.  If people end up not using, then
all the development effort is wasted.  Then again, maybe the few
hundred people that work on GNOME want to have their own private
desktop while everyone else finds something else to use.

Think about it.

--
Chris

"I trust the Democrats to take away my money, which I can afford.  I
trust the Republicans to take away my freedom, which I cannot."