No Input From Mic on FC5

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun May 21 13:39:16 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-05-21 at 17:40 +1000, Mark Sargent wrote:
> I have a soundcard that's being detected, and playback is producing
> output but the mic is not working. Anyone can point me in the right
> direction for this? I'm using FC5 and have installed Audacity to test
> the mic, with no luck. Skype also can't find any input. Cheers.

As mentioned, check you've got the volume control for it up, and
unmuted.  You may also want to go through the volume control
preferences, and check that there isn't some option to choose between
different microphone inputs.

But the obvious question:  Does the microphone, itself, actually work?

I read messages from the public lists.