Checksum mismatch for pango-devel & hal-devel on FC5

Dino Klein dinoklein at hotmail.com
Sun May 21 15:01:27 UTC 2006

Hello,

Several days ago (May 18) I've attempted to add a bunch of development
packages using pirut (the GUI tool), but it would take forever, and then
fail.

After running it via a terminal (to see the output to stderr), I found out
that it kept freaking out when trying to fetch pango-devel and hal-devel. It
would first download one of them, determine that the checksum does not
match, and then try to fetch again from a mirror; subsequent retrievals
failed with a range error message - I assumed it was trying only a partial
fetch.

Needless to say, I tried yum on its own, but, since pirut seems to use yum,
I got the same results. I've tried clearing the headers without any success.
Eventually, I gave up and did a manual install.

I have a hunch that there is a problem with the update headers, so I thought
I'd drop a line to the list so someoe who knows their way around this stuff
could take a look.

Thanks.