Gnumeric: no help

magicus magicus at snet.net
Sun May 21 15:08:52 UTC 2006

Paul Smith wrote:

> On 5/20/06, Geoffrey Leach <geoff at hughes.net> wrote:

> The problem is identified:
>
> $ locate gnumeric.xml
> /usr/share/gnome/help/gnumeric/C/gnumeric.xml
> $
>
> and gnumeric looks for
>
> /usr/share/gnumeric/1.6.3/doc/C/gnumeric.xml
>
> A bug of the packager?

Maybe, a temporary workaround that I discovered was to do:

$ yelp /usr/share/gnome/help/gnumeric/C/gnumeric.xml

and save it as a bookmark and then when invoked from Gnumeric (via the
F1) I just choose it from the Bookmark menu after dismissing the dialog
  box wrt the file not being found.  It is ugly and it gets me to the
manual whilst waiting for a 'real' solution...

Thanks for the hint thus allowing a temporary solution.

furlan

--

Links: http://del.icio.us/furlan

Home:  http://flprim.us/index.html

Actually, most flamewars are caused by Vim being much worse than Emacs.