Problem with Crossover Office after kernel upgrade to FC5

mike mike.cohler at gmail.com
Mon May 22 11:24:17 UTC 2006

Mike Cohler <mike.cohler <at> gmail.com> writes:

> With an up to date FC5 running in a 386 machine using the kernel from
> the original distribution ( kernel-2.6.15-1.2054_FC5 ) I was using
> MS Word XP and MS Excel XP under Crossover Office from
> codeweavers without problems.
>
> Today after the upgrade to kernel kernel-2.6.16-1.2080_FC5, each time Word
> or Excel loaded once the main window filled there was an error window
> saying that the application had an error, and inviting via a checkbox
> to save and restart.
>
> This window re-appeared as soon as the application restarted, and the
> application had to be killed.
>
> Reverting to the original kernel allowed these applications to
> run normally again.
>
> Anyone else having these problems ?
>
> I also put a ticket into the CXO site at
>
> http://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/browse/?ticket_id=81133;list=6;
> ticket_level=2
>
> Mike

With the latest kernel that came in last night (kernel-smp-2.6.16-1.2122_FC5)
the residual problems that I had with my smp machine being unable to run Office
XP in Crossover finally resolved, and all machines in which I am running Office
XP now work without problems. The only change I needed was the replacement
wine-preloader file available from the codeweavers site - see the ticket quoted
above.

Mike