Re: Sendmail Help

Dan Track wrote:
Hi

I'm trying to sendmail from a client. The domain has four mx records
for example.com, mx1 (weight 10),mx2 (weight 5),mx3 (weight 1),mx4
(weight 2).

The problem I have is that when sending mail, the client always tries
to access mx1. And since this isn't configured the connections gets
refused. Can someone please explaing to me why it doesn't try any of
the others first, given the weighting order?

This is a standard sendmail install without any configuration changes.

Thanks for your help in advance

Please post the output of "dig example.com mx" when run on the client.

Paul.