fedora-package-announce at redhat.com message ?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon May 22 14:48:29 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-22 at 13:15 +0100, James Wilkinson wrote:
> As far as I can tell, no messages are actually categorised in a way
> that the list manager understands.

I was beginning to wonder about that, too.  Some goofup with the
filtering pattern, perhaps.

> Has anyone played with the setting underneath, "Do you want to receive
> messages that do not match any topic filter?" It's set to "No" by
> default. If you check that, and start getting e-mail, then my guess is
> right.

I set that to "no."  From a logically point of view, you have to, if you
expect to filter only the message that you want.  If you set it to
"yes," there was no point in selecting the other filters.

I'm beginning to wonder if they got to clever for themselves with this
idea, and should have simply set up three different mailing lists.

For what it's worth, I've removed the options to receive FC4 and FC5
mail, they're all unticked, so I should get everything.  I only see FC4
and FC5 mail, no FC3 related mail, so I don't think I need to play with
further options.  I think I still have the option set about *not*
receiving other non-matching mail, so the whole thing is behaving
incoherently.

--
(Currently running FC4, in case that's important to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.