Mailing list software

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Mon May 22 18:56:45 UTC 2006

On Monday, May 22nd 2006 at 22:00 +0800, quoth Ed Greshko:

=>Steven W. Orr wrote:
=>
=>> I have to give a plug for Majordomo2, not to be confused with Majordomo.
=>> Mj2 is a total rewrite from scratch. Mj has not has a lick of support
=>> since '95? Mj2 has a very nice web interface. I have been using it for
=>> years. It has an object oriented system of configuration. Check it out at
=>>
=>> http://www.mj2.org
=>
=>Somehow when one goes to that page and clicks on the "For More
=>Information" link http://www.math.uh.edu/majordomo/ and is greeted with:
=>
=>The requested URL /majordomo/ was not found on this server.
=>
=>It doesn't instill a whole lot of confidence.  :-)

Jason's stuff ref's back to where the mj2 page used to be hosted.

It's just one or two people who are strained developers. Try it. Evaluate
it. I think you'll see that it's clearly better than Mailman. Yes, Mailman
is more popular, but this is very much better.

=>
=>
=>>
=>> If run a number of lists which you can look at if you like
=>>
=>> http://steveo.syslang.net/cgi-bin/mj_wwwusr
=>>
=>> Probably the only list that might be of interest would be man-bytes-dog
=>> but at least you can see what it smells like.