Re: video/movie manipulation tools

fredex wrote:
Hi!

I've taken some small movies with my Kodak DX7440 digital camera. These
are 640x480 quicktime movies.

Unfortunately, not thinking at the time, I took some of them in portrait
mode instead of landscape.
Can any of you suggest a tool (for Linux, of course! :) that I can use
to rotate these movies 90 degrees?

Thanks!

Fred

You could use mplayer/mencoder. Convert the video to tiff images. Then use ImageMagick to rotate/modify the images to suit and then use mencoder to re-create the video in a format you want.

If the file was an avi, you could just open it in gimp and rotate all layers.

Also check out transcode.

--
Robin Laing