64-bit MB / Processor question

A little background. I live in David, Panama. Not really a hot-bed of
computer supply stores around here. I recently lost a motherboard due to a
power surge.

The first replacement motherboard I got, didn't work with my AMD
processor. And that was the only motherboard available to accept my
processor.

Moving right along, I can get an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ processor and
matching motherboard.

My question is, will I be able to run with my existing 32-bit FC5 setup or
will I have to get the 64-bit version of FC5. Being stuck on dialup and
needing to download a different O/S is not a fun thing.

Will it work with the 32-bit O/S until I can get somewhere where I can
download the 64-bit version?

Thanks,
Mike