I cant do SU - wrong password but not lost

Ludek "ksfga" Michera ksfga at matfyz.cz
Thu May 25 13:57:13 UTC 2006

Ludek "ksfga" Michera wrote:
> I'm still newbie running FC5 - 64b. I made some updates
> and since that time, i cant log as root via su. It says: wrong
> password. But I can log as root normally, so it isnt due to
> lost password.

Does your su file look like this, with the -rw*s* at the start?

# ls -l /bin/su
-rwsr-xr-x 1 root root 29048 Feb 11 06:37 /bin/su

-Andy

Permissions on su are OK. I can do su, but it produce only
wrong password error. I can make su form root to log as normal
user, but from this account a get only wrong pass msg, when i
to log back to root via su.

ksfga