FC4 -> FC5

Terry Polzin fox3ec208 at wideopenwest.com
Fri May 26 11:08:22 UTC 2006

On Friday May 26 2006 06:01, Alastair McKinley wrote:
> > "Kaushal Shriyan" <kaushalshriyan gmail com> writes:
> > > Hi ALL
> > >
> > > I have currently FC4 on my system,
> > > How do I upgrade it to FC5
> > >
> > > Kaushal
> >
> > INSTALL yum-2.6.1-0.fc5, which you can download from the net, and then
> > yum upgrade
> >
> > --
> > Leon
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am currently thinking about upgrading from FC4 - FC5 on my thinkpad T43.
> I like the sound of the yum upgrade option.  Are there any potential
> pitfalls one should know about with particular applications for instance?
> Has anyone any positive/negative experience of this?

It's the only way I got one of my machines to upgrade.  Some think that FC5 is
a waste of time as there problems with the installer,  I have experienced
problems with IDE DMA timeouts and NFS installs refuselnig to work in working
NFS environments. YMMV

Personally if I had to do i all over again,  I would only use FC5 on a fresh
install and wait for FC6 to upgrade an FC4 machine.