new to fedora core 5 software tips needed

Troy Bull troybull.lists at gmail.com
Fri May 26 19:32:36 UTC 2006

Greetings:

I am new to FC5 and I have a couple of questions about what software you
would recommend.  I am looking for a good terminal emulation program, I
use SecureCRT on windows and it stores profiles for each site I
frequently go to  it is very nice.  It also stores password (which is
handy), it has a tabbed interface and many different emulations are
supported.  What do you guys suggest that I use.  I had been pointed at
kshell but I can't find it so if you could give me a name and a website
for your suggestions that would be great.

Secondly on windows I use desktop post it notes can you suggest anything
that would be similar.  I found "goats" but I couldn't get it to
compile.  So again, a name and website would be greatly appreciated.

I am also interested in a clipboard extender, something that will keep
track of my previous things sent to the clipboard, on windows I used to
use clipmate.

I know there is something else I am forgetting so I guess this is it for
now.

Thanks in advance
Troy