Best YUM configuration?

colson colson at sharplabs.com
Fri May 26 21:21:38 UTC 2006

Hello!
  I'm a new FC5 user, migrated from Mandriva after its implosion.  My
experience with package management comes mainly from their URPMI
system.  As such, I'm wondering -- what are the best YUM repositories to
use?  From what I've read so far, there are two main groups beyond the
default ones which are mutually exclusive.  You can either go with
livna/fedora.us, or you can go with the dag/freshrpms/dries/newrpms
group.  What are the relative merits of the two, and what would the list
recommend?

As a side question, I haven't been able to find a package for lilo in
any of the standard yum repositories, and it doesn't appear to be on the
system (it wasn't an option in the installer).  Does such a package
exist, and if so, where?

Clint Olson