localhost kernel: Disabling IRQ #11 ???

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Sat May 27 14:16:17 UTC 2006

anthony baldwin wrote:

> I haven´t even the slightest idea what that entails or how it would be
> done, to tell the truth...
> Would you suggest that I yum update SELinux, or something?

No selinux is not the problem.

To change the kernel parameters for one boot only, probably what you
want to do here, press 'a' at the grub prompt and add the interesting
parameters.  When done press enter.

To use the kernel parameters permanently, edit

/boot/grub/grub.conf

Look for the 'Default=' line and the number there.  That file consists
of one or more 'stanzas' or sections which contain the boot options for
various versions of the kernel.  The first section is numbered 0, the
next 1 and so on.  Default tells grub which section to use by default.
Select the section that is mentioned in the Default line and look for
the 'kernel' line in that section.  Add your magic kernel parameters in
there and save the file.

It seems possible interesting magic kernel parameter keywords to try are

irqpoll acpi=off pci=noacpi

-Andy