localhost kernel: Disabling IRQ #11 ???

anthony baldwin anthonybaldwin06 at comcast.net
Sat May 27 14:32:27 UTC 2006

Paul Howarth wrote:

>On Sat, 2006-05-27 at 09:56 -0400, anthony baldwin wrote:
>

>>Paul Howarth wrote:
>>

>>>The "audit" messages here don't include any denials and just indicate
>>>that you have an old SELinux policy (probably not updated since
>>>installing the OS).
>>>
>>>Have you tried booting with the "irqpoll" option as the message
>>>suggests?
>>>

>>I haven´t even the slightest idea what that entails or how it would be
>>done, to tell the truth...
>>

>Fortunately Andy has explained how to boot with additional kernel
>options in another post :-)
>

>>Would you suggest that I yum update SELinux, or something?
>>

>Although it's not the cause of this problem, updating it might prevent
>you from falling over a bunch of other problems later. In fact it's a
>good idea to keep everything updated if possible, as that will pull in
>security and bugfix updates. Just do "yum update" on a regular basis.

I´ve kinda grown reluctant to do yum update...Maybe from past
experiences with apt updates
breaking stuff...
I mean, I update single packages when it seems prudent or necessary, but
overall...
When stuff is working, I tend to leave it alone (why I was using FC3 for
two years without an update
before installing FC5).
Then again, yum shouldn´t break stuff, should it...

--
Anthony Baldwin
Translator / Court Qualified Interpreter / Certified English Teacher

http://www.baldwinlinguas.com
English, Français, Español & Português
860-399-7118 / 860-235-8233