ipw3945 drivers

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Sat May 27 14:55:33 UTC 2006

Brian Millett wrote:
> I use the livna repo with extras.  I just got a new laptop that needs
> the ipw3945 drivers but notices that livna does not have them.  They do
> have the ipw2[12]00 drivers.  Will livna have them?  I noticed that
> atrpms have the ipw3945 drivers, but not for the current kernel.  Is it
> safe to mix repos?  All I read is that "do not mix livna with
> [fresh/dag/dreis/atrpms] or you will have problems".
> Any ideas?
> Thanks.
I have been using the ipw3945 drivers from atrpms without problems.
That is about the only things I use from atrpms. If you are using
one of the GUI's with yum, have the atrpms repo listed, but not
enabled. Then enable it when you need an RPM from there. Only select
the specific RPM you are after. Or you can download the RPM with a
web browser, and install it locally. In the case of the ipw3945
driver, it will install ok. I am not sure if you need the firmware
and daemon RPMs already installed - I had them installed before I
installed the ipw3945 RPM. Just remember, when you install a newer
kernel, you will have to install the matching RPM yourself. It will
not be done automatically. (There is probably a way to do it, but I
have not looked into it.)

Mikkel