scsi which

I need to install a server with SATA controller.
The tape drive I have to install needs a scsi controller (VXA-drive)
I used to install a Adaptec 1502 but I assume they are hard to get now.
Which one is easy to install and cheap enough, because it is only for a
backupdevice, this tape-drive.

They told me that most of the adaptec controllers are RH compatible, but
when I look at modprobe or /proc/scsi/device-info, I don't find much.

Roland Brouwers
C.A.T. bvba
Antwerp-Belgium
roland cat be