FC5 fails to boot after install

ewald no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org
Mon May 29 13:12:08 UTC 2006

After reading the posts in this thread, I come to the conclusion that the community is not in unison about what really caused the initial problem being the "Grub_ event" after booting.

I had a similar experience installing fc5 on a machine with a W2k OS already installed. The Linux system was installed to a separate harddrive (IDE-1, the Windows System being on IDE-0)

My fix to the problem was very easy though: I installed SuSe 10.1 which worked just fine. I have a dual boot system now only I don't know what caused fedora not to work. But I am willing to learn.

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org
http://fcp.homelinux.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=89735&topic_id=18843&forum=26#forumpost89735