Adaptec 1210SA problem (with installation)

Samuel Díaz García samueldg at arcoscom.com
Mon May 29 16:44:35 UTC 2006

I have a machine (p4 1,6GHz) with an adaptec 1210sa controller with
2x80Gb harddisk.

I configured the controller to make a hardware mirror raid, but when
install FC5 it detect my primary IDE harddisk (/dev/hda) and the 2
harddisk in the 1210sa controller (sda and sdb).

I want to have a transparent mirror, not software mirror with this
controller.

Under this problem, my workaround is install FC5 only under hda, and
after "yum update" configure the controller.

I have on this many questions:
    1) Will work the 1210sa controller as a harddisk after the update?
    2) I'll need some kernel parameters (or module parameters) to allow
the device work as only one hard disk (with a working mirror).
    3) Is there any known bug with FC5 and adaptec 1210sa controller?
and any work around with this?

Thanks

--
    Samuel Díaz García