vsftpd question

Alexandru Ciobanu alex at tvtransilvania.ro
Tue May 30 16:39:56 UTC 2006

> Thanks but its don't show me who are the connected users. Only their
> IP address. I check the netstat man but i was unable to find any
> suitable help.
> Maybe vsftp create a text file with connected  users. Someone know?

I've added these options to my vsftpd.conf
setproctitle_enable=YES
session_support=YES

>From man vsftpd.conf:
session_support
    This controls whether vsftpd attempts to maintain sessions for logins.
If vsftpd is maintaining sessions, it will try and update utmp and
wtmp. It will also open a pam_session if using PAM to authenticate,
and only close this upon logout. You may wish to disable this if you
do not need session logging, and you wish to give vsftpd more
opportunity to run with less processes and / or less privilege. NOTE -
utmp and wtmp support is only provided with PAM enabled builds.

    Default: NO
setproctitle_enable
    If enabled, vsftpd will try and show session status information in the
system process listing. In other words, the reported name of the
process will change to reflect what a vsftpd session is doing (idle,
downloading etc). You probably want to leave this off for security
purposes.

    Default: NO

HTH
Regards,